Followers

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Evolution

Good Day Friends,

today is a special day as it is my youngest son's 15th birthday.  I cannot believe how fast time goes by.  He has grown into such a special young man.

Many of you guys know he's an avid golfer.  He's come so far in the last couple of years.  As a freshman he qualified for the Varsity golf team.  He did quite well in a lot of the tournaments last summer!  Because of where we live he's taking indoor lessons over the winter months to keep his game sharp.  It's kinda hard to golf in 20 degree snowy weather.  His coach praises him quite a bit!  He's gained a lot of strength and that should help his swing even more this summer.  I couldn't be prouder of him.

Anyway, I wanted to make him something for his birthday golf related...I know, I do that quite a bit.  I get enjoyment out of creating for him and he actually seems to love what I do!

I had seen a plaque a while ago and put it into my "to do" file.  I actually had forgotten all about it until I was going through some pictures looking for something in a particular.  Needless to say, I didn't find what I was originally looking for, but I did find a picture of the plaque that I wanted to recreate.  This is the picture of the plaque I saw, but I did want to change it up a bit and
here is how I made it:
I searched "evolution" in google and found this image
and added it to my SCAL2 program.

I searched "golfer" in google and found this image
and added it to the first image in my SCAL2 program.

I wrote out the word Evolution ... and added that to my image
 in SCAL2 and grouped everything together.


I searched "fairway" in google and found this image
and printed it out at home.

so from this

to this 

Cutting everything with my cricut and SCAL2 in black vinyl all at once
I added it to the front of the glass of a simple picture frame and together I created this.


I just love how this turned out.  

I hope you've enjoyed my quick and easy peasy birthday gift for my son.

As always, have a great day and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorites have this to say