Followers

Friday, January 2, 2015

$12,500 donated in 2014

Good morning friends,

Today I wanted to share a quick post on a Glass Etching Project I made for our Pink Ladies Dart Team!  If you don't already know what the Pink Ladies are all about, let me give you a quick background.  We are a group of Ladies and Gents that get together every Sunday to throw darts and raise money for cancer.  We donate $500, a blanket (that is handmade by one of our Pink Ladies) and sometimes a plant or flowers each time to a "local person" with cancer primarily to help with everyday expenses.  That could be anything from personal items, groceries or gas to get to and from doctor appointments.  It's their money and they can do whatever they want with it.  We occasionally also hold fundraisers to obtain funds that we then give away.

We started this in April of 2014 and by New Years Eve 2014 we gave away $12,500.  
Can you say WOW!!!!

I wanted to give our bar owner who does a tremendous job something to hang in the bar 
to commemorate the accomplishment and let's see what I did:


This is our logo and I cut it using my cricut from some scrap pink vinyl I had left over 
from making all the window decals that we also sold to raise money.  
I laid that on a piece of glass from a frame.


Using the Armour Etch (ing) cream, I slathered a generous amount 
over the vinyl and let it sit for about 10 minutes.


I wanted to commemorate the amount and the date we did that in so I cut that all out 
also on my cricut from Dollar Tree contact paper.  Do NOT waste your precious vinyl.


again slathering a generous amount over the top ...


I do scrape the excessive off with a brush or used credit card and put it right back into my bottle.
NO WASTE!


I then laid the glass over the top of some metallic scrapbook paper and there you have it!

I hope you liked my post today and  if you are at all inclined to donate you can do so by going HERE.
You can find the Bottom's Up Pink Ladies facebook page HERE and we are on Twitter @BUPINKLADIES!

As always, have a great day and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorites have this to say