Followers

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Hot Glue voided Hair Barrette

Good morning crafties,

Today I want to revisit a barrette I made using a new technique.


A while back I made this awesome barrette for my post over at Anything But a Card.  I just loved the way it turned out and wear it often.  I did get a lot of compliments and therefore I wanted to make another using a different approach.


I started out with the same mold, but this time I added some
 hot glue in a pattern before adding my Amazing Casting Resin.


I mixed up my Amazing Casting Resin with the Alumilite Black Dye and poured my mold.


After about 10 minutes it was set up and I pulled it from my mold.  You can see where the hotglue is.


Then I gently picked the hotglue out from the resin piece.  Pretty cool huh?




Punched two holes on either side of the resin piece and added a chopstick and there you have another version of my barrette.  I just love the look of this.

I hope you've enjoyed my tutorial today and would love to hear
 what you would create with some hotglue as a void.

As always, have a great day and God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorites have this to say