Followers

Friday, January 14, 2011

Valentine Treat Bags

Good evening,

I just wanted to share these cute valentine treat bags I made for this weeks Wacky Wednesday Challenge.  I will be giving these to my coworkers and dart team.  I had initially wanted to make these for my son's class for school, but I don't think the kids would appreciate them as much as the girls at work.  I got this idea from CapadiaDesigns.  The cut file was no longer available, but it was really simple to duplicate.  I had so much fun making and embellishing these.



 Recipe
Cardstock
Ribbon
Glitter Glue
Punch
Gel Pen
Ziplock baggies
Treats
SCAL

First I used my SCAL and welded a scalloped heart to a rectangle.  The measurement is 3 x 9.  When it is folded up it measures 3 x 4.  I scored at 4 and then again at 5.  I was able to cut 2 bags per sheet of cardstock.  Keep the remnants for embellishments.  I also cut the scalloped hearts out in white and layered them on top.  I used glitter glue and polka dotted around the scallops.  Remember those remnants?  I cut 1 inch strips by 9 inches to make the rosettes.  I scored the strips at a 1/4 all the way down.  Then I cut the scored strip in half again.  I had a bit of a time making these rosettes.  This is the first time I had ever made them and since they are so small it was a bit difficult.  38 rosettes later, I think I got it.  LOL  I had cut tiny hearts out also and used them for the center of the rosettes.  I used glitter glue around some, rhinestones as centers for some and even glitter glue dots for others.  I didn't use all the remnants, so then I decided to use my border punch to embellish some of the bags a bit more.  I made a lot of punched strips and had plenty of them left over.  I also used my white gel pen and faux stitched around the edge.  Remember those remnants of punched strips?  Well I used them some more.  I glued them around tea lights.  I left them hang over the bottom a bit and then gently pushed them under.  This gave it a little rise.  I really liked the way that turned out.  I put a tea light and a few kisses in a ziplock baggie and inserted them into the treat bag.  I then used my crop a dial and hole punched all three layers and tied it shut with a ribbon.  I am really very pleased with these treat bags.  I know the girls will love them also. 









I would love it if you gave me some blog love and leave me a comment.

As always, have a great day and god bless.

4 comments:

  1. Super cute--love it--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so creative - love it.

    Mama LoveBug from LoveBug Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda these are adorable!!! Thank you for joining the Wacky Wednesday Challenge!

    Happy Crafting,
    Paula
    Morethanfavors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say