Followers

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Photo Holder with the Robin's Nest

Good morning and welcome to another fun filled craft 
project with the Robin's Nest.

The one thing I love the best of being a designer at the Robin's Nest is I get to try products I don't know I'd buy or maybe know of.  This month Robin's Nest has teamed up with Epiphany.  I had never heard of this company until I teamed up with Robin's Nest.   Yes, I know, where have I been?  In my box of goodies I received this punch and some framed metal charms.  Can we say "awesome".  Now I do allot of jewelry pieces and that's what came to mind at first but then I went into a total different direction after playing a bit.
Here is the punch and the metal frames.  So cool!
 
Then I gathered my papers and the mini dew drops for the project.  I love this crackled paper.  It has so much dimension and I just love dimension.
Using my cricut I cut out my letters from chipboard and the papers.
I actually cut the letters 2 times from the chipboard and Mod Podged them together to give them more stability and a thicker bond.

Then I covered the chipboard with the papers.
Next I printed out a picture of my two granddaughters and used the punch and the bubble caps to create the frames.

place the bubble cap over the picture that you have inserted into the punch

Close it up and punch.  Works like a "charm", hahaha.
Then I glued the bubble caps with the girls' picture into the metal frame using my E6000 and now they are forever embedded into those lovely frames 
While those were drying I went back to my chipboard letters and inked the edges
Now I needed some kind of a base to put this all together.  Remember, I am a firm believer in recycling.  I have purchased many stamps from Stampin' Up, but never use the wooden blocks they come with.  I like using my acrylic boards, so I have lots of these wooden blocks in my stash.  Perfect base...
I painted the wooden block and the backside of my chipboard letters black with some acrylic paint and glued the pieces together.  I also attached the tops of the letters together with some star brads and added a mini dew drop on the stars and around some of the letters.


Then I hot glued some clothes pins to the back of the "frame" to create my "photo holder" 
and here is my "OMA" photo holder.    

I absolutely loved making this.   
Thank you so much for coming over today and 
checking out another "useful" project.
I hope you go over to the Robin's Nest online store and check out all the awesome papers and embellishments she has and also 
head on over to Epiphany and get yourself some of 
these punches and frames and create something.








1 comment:

  1. WOW what an amazing photo framed locket you have created. Wish we got that stuff here in India!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts School Projects

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say