Followers

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Treat Bags

Hello fellow bloggers,

I wanted to make something special for my son's class this year for their Winter Party.  I love making treat bags so here is my version.

I bought treat bags with snowflakes at the Dollar Tree.  Have I mentioned that's my favorite store?  Anyway, I also bought pencils, erasers and suckers there.  You can get a lot of stuff for $10. 

I made pencil toppers for the pencils.  Instructions are as follows.  I cut circles in SCAL with slits in them.  Then I cut just plain cirlces.  I also cut snowflakes and made the snowflakes (shadow blackout rounded).  I cut the background in blue, the snowflakes out of white glitter stack and the circles in red.  These are so easy to make.  I also glued a little bit of bling in the center.  I put the circle with the slits on the pencils and ran my ATG tape over the other circle.  I then adhered them together and viola.  A cute pencil topper.



I made bookmarks for each of the kids also.  I cut their names in SCAL out of vinyl and adhered them to red and blue cardstock.  Blue for the boys and red for the girls.  I wanted to laminate them and started to.  I RAN OUT OF LAMINATE after 6 bookmarks and had 21 to go.  Ugh.  LIGHTBULB...I used clear contact paper and "wrapped them".  My daughter helped with this...maybe she has some crafting abilities yet.  Honestly, you can't tell which ones were laminated and which ones we used the contact paper on.  Awesome and so cheap.  I then hole punched the bookmarks and added some ribbon to them.  Again, red for girls and blue for boys.  They turned out so cute.  Here is a picture of everything that went into the treat bags.



Here is a picture of the treat bags.



and another



I really don't like the way the staples show up so I think I might add some snowflakes over the top of them. 
Now here is the coolest thing also.  See that stamped greeting?  Well, I won that over at Courts Crafts. I have never used any of the Pink Stamper stampsets.  WOW, I love them.  This is the Winter Punnies collection.  Go check them out at My Pink Stamper. They are so clean and detailed.  I have a new love. 

Anyway, thanks for looking and if you would like some of these pencils with toppers I have 6 left over.  I will give them away to anyone who becomes a FOLLOWER and leaves a comment. 

As always, have a great day and god bless.

3 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Thanks for the inspiration! Will do this with the kids! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted you drop a line and wish you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say