Followers

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Anything But a Card Challenge #49 - Armour etching book mark

Good morning friends,

welcome to another challenge at Anything But a Card #49 Open Theme.  Today I am showing you the simplest of ideas.  I used to do a lot of mosaic work and have accumulated plenty of these glass tiles.  I may use them again sometime for mosaic work, but I have plenty and could use a couple for this project.  I decided I wanted to make myself a bookmark.  I also wanted to personalize it!  So let's get started:


I took some regular stickers from my stash with my initials and placed them onto my glass tiles.


Using my Armour Etch I applied it all over the entire tile.


Let it set up for about 5  minutes and wipe it off.  See the difference of the etched tile vs the original?  Then just peel the stickers off the tiles.  I did make all 3 of my letters, but only needed the Bs.  


Then I used some No-Sew fabric glue and glued the edges of some ribbon after I measured it against a book and leaving a couple inches longer.


I used some E6000 to glue my tiles to the ribbon and let it set up for 24 hours just to make sure.


And here is my ribbon bookmark.

Hope you've enjoyed my easy peasy tutorial for making a bookmark.  Hopefully you will hop on over to Anything But a Card and join in the fun!  There are only 3 simple rules:

1.  It's an OPEN THEME, so let your imagination run wild.
2.  Create ANYTHING BUT A CARD.
3.  Have FUN!

Have a great day and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Brenda what a creative idea... I have never used etching cream before but wanted to. I think I'm going to have to get some and try this. Love it !

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say