Followers

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Thanks Snow Much

Good afternoon again -

Remember my Festive Friday card I made last week?  I really liked the way the card turned out and I needed a card to go with the candle/holder that I am giving my friend (see post below).  Well, I reproduced it in a way.  I usually don't like making the same card twice, but I did...sorta.  I used the same concept and here it is.
I used a piece of red scrap paper and embossed it using the snowflake cuddlebug folder.  Then I ran a white ink pad over the embossing very lightly.  I backed that piece with black and cut the boot out in black again.  This time I turned the boot facing the other way.  I used the bigger dots cuddlebug folder to emboss the boot also.  I used my white gel pen to create the stitching, I guess it's the laces.  I also added a white bow to the top of this boot.  I used the same sentiment "Thanks Snow Much" from the MPS set on white paper and backed that with black also.  Again, adding rhinestones, in red this time, to the boot for the eyelets and on the snowflakes also.  I really do like this card very much.  See how you can use the same idea, different papers and colors and come up with a different card.  LOVE it.

As always, have a great day and god bless.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Brenda!!

    Congratulations... over on my blog (www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com), you've won the blog candy I am giving away for the "It's My Birthday Blog Hop"!! It's a pair of SWEET CutterBee scissors.

    Please send me your postal address ASAP (within a week, please) so I can get these out to you ASAP. I can be reached via e-mail to cardmonkey@comcast.net

    CONGRATS AGAIN. And thank you for hopping along with me!

    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say