Followers

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Manly

Good day all -

It's been a crazy week here for me.  I've been working non-stop and trying to craft at the same time...really not working well.  I have all these ideas and know that I will do this or that when I get home and then when it gets time to put it all together...nothing.  I do finally have an entire weekend off, but somehow I don't think I will get much crafting done then either.  DH wants to spend some quality time together since I've been working so much.  Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with him, but I want to craft too!!!  Maybe there will be a golf tournament on and he'll want to watch it.  Hahahaha  One can only hope. 

I had to make a birthday card for a lady at work for her son.  Well, I didn't HAVE to, like my DD always says, but I wanted to.  She is always telling me that I take on too much and never say "no".  That is quite true, but I love to create and I love it when people ask me to make something for them.  So anyway, back to my card.  I don't like making "manly" cards, because I just can't do it.  I find them rather dull because I can't add any bling or cutsie stuff...but maybe I can.
I again used everything out of my stash.  I have no idea where the paper came from because it was in my scrap bin.  The ribbon slide is a pop tab that I alcohol inked with mustard to compliment the snaps.  The "Happy Birthday" was a vellum title and I used two gold snaps to attach it to the card base.  I then added some "bling" on the bottom of the card and again used my bic markers to color them yellow.  I know it's not much, but I think it turned out well.  I hope you enjoyed your visit today.

More Than Favors is having a "Manly" challenge so I will be submitting this card there for Wacky Wednesday.  Birthday Sundaes is also having it's first challenge and it can be anything as long as it has some "birthday" greeting on the front of the card.

As always, have a great day and god bless.

9 comments:

  1. This is a great manly card. I love the pop tab idea. I'm going to have to scraplift it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not like making cards for men either. But this one's really great for a guy. Good job. BTW, has the blog candy been announced yet? Seems like I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job using your stash. I need to do more of that :) Thanks for joining us at Birthday Sundaes!

    ~Kristie, Birthday Sundaes Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I have to say you did a great job with this man card. Simple yet eye catching. I like it alot. Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great manly card. Thanks for playing along with us over at Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work on the manly card. I think it's very nice. I know what you mean about having all kinds of plans, and then when you get home, ugggghhh. Great way to use up your scraps. Very happy to see you joining us at Birthday Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally love this card!!! The pop tab is GENIUS!!!!! Thank you so much for joining the More Than Favors Wacky Wednesday Challenge! Hope to see you back for more.

    Happy Crafting,
    Paula
    Morethanfavors@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have awarded you the Liebster Blog Award. Details are on my blog Hugsss Victoria :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, a great man card!!! Your friend's son I'm sure loved/will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say