Followers

Friday, March 11, 2016

Simply Create Too Challenge #104 - Green Only


Good day friends and crafters.  Today is another challenge over at Simply Create Too and I'm so excited to show you a project I made that came about from a fail. This week's challenge is ALL GREEN.  I love to experiment and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.


It all started with a butterfly cutout I had. I really wanted to turn this beautiful butterfly into a stamp. I mixed up some Amazing Mold Putty and you can see mixing instructions HERE. I pressed my butterfly cutout into the mold putty and waited for about 10 minutes.


When I pulled the butterfly out I realized it didn't look perfect, so I cut around it anyway using regular scissors. There were definitely some imperfections and when I stamped it, it didn't give me a clean look (sorry no picture of the stamped image). I really didn't want to waste all that mold putty and so I thought and thought about what I could do with it.


I remembered a tutorial I made for this Valentine's day pendant.
You can go and view it HERE!


I used the same concept again. This time however, since the Amazing Mold Putty had already set up, I couldn't get my heart clay cutter to go through the putty. I could get a bit of an indentation of the shape and then I just used my scissors to cut the hearts out. Since the putty was so thin, it was very easy.


Here are my hearts and I even used an edge of the butterfly to create the stem for my shamrock. You can see that it had even been stained with the ink.


Now, the hoarder I am... I had these cute little ceramic
coasters that I purchased eons ago at a thrift store.



I tried hot gluing the putty pieces down, but they just popped right off. I sprayed some Krylon Spray Adhesive to the pieces and glued them onto the ceramic coaster. That worked like a charm!


Then I mixed up some Amazing Casting Resin and poured it into the dish, just enough to fill around the shamrock shape. There is a video HERE you can view on mixing instructions.


That set up to cure for about 10 minutes and then I gently pulled the pieces out.
Pretty cool huh?

 

Then I mixed up some more Amazing Casting Resin with the Fluorescent "FLO" Green Dye and filled in the open areas. That also set up in a matter of minutes.


And here you have an Amazing Shamrock ring dish!
You can view more projects by the design team over at Amazing Casting Products HERE


I am so excited about my (failed) fabulous Shamrock ring dish!

Have you had a failed project
that you turned into a masterpiece?

I hope you will head over to Simply Create Too and join our challenge.

Until next time, have a Lucky Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorites have this to say