Followers

Sunday, September 21, 2014

ABAC Week 39 - Steampunked Key to my Heart

Good morning friends,

It's time for another ABAC challenge.  I will tell you right off that when I was told we were doing Steampunk, I went into panic mode.  See, I like the look of Steampunk, but I have NEVER done anything Steampunk.  I actually had to go out and search if there were any dos and don'ts.  I didn't find any, so with that being said, here is what I did:

I started out with a key that I recently acquired from a very dear friend of mine who is moving.  I found some odds and ends in my stash of resin pieces and things I hoard and started to play
I also created the wings from this mold I made with the Amazing Mold Putty.  I painted them with a mixture of Alumidust in gold, deep red and bronze and 3d crystal lacquer. 
You can see what I did with this mold from a previous project here.
I twisted some wire, found a circle thingy and added a bead cap.  Painted a spiky thing with a mixture of Deep Red Alumidust and the 3d crystal lacquer and wrapped some wire around it.  The heart was also from a mold I've had for a very long time that I found in my resin stash and it fit perfectly to my key.  Everything was glued on with E6000 or wire wrapped.  I added a bit of white tulle to give it a little softer feel and viola, Steampunked I did!  


I added a pin back to my key and now whenever I wear it I will think of my dear friend Dixie who definitely holds the Key to my Heart.  I'm actually pretty happy with my  - Steampunked project.

Head on over to ABAC and link up with us.  Remember the rules:
Steampunk
Anything But A Card
Have FUN!

I really love comments, so if you would be so kind, please leave me some feedback and tell me what you think of my Steampunked pin.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. A genre I have not ventured too! You made look so simple. Crafty hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rupa, it was my first attempt at Steampunk and I was a bit scared but I think I've found a new genre that I'm in love with!

      Delete

My favorites have this to say