Followers

Monday, June 2, 2014

Feminine Lipstick holder no more ...

Good evening crafters

I have a super quick, somewhat creepy post to share with you.  I am pretty much a girlie girl but ever once in a while I show my wild side.  Today's post is just that, my wild side.

I recently purchased an awesome ring with skull and wings and it was primarily to make a mold of it for a friend of mine.  He's so into skulls it's ridiculous.  I don't really get into them but for this project I am in love.

I started with the ring, making a mold using the Amazing Mold Putty and casted it with Amazing Casting Resin and black dye.  
Once the mold has time to set up, about 10 minutes or so I demolded it and started to paint with a mixture of Pink Sapphire Pearl Terri Sproul Mixers and 3d Crystal Lacquer.  I also watered down a bit of black acrylic paint and dry brushed it over the pink when it was dry just to not be SOOO pink.  I also added some rhinestones in the eye sockets for some added bling.
I attached the finished resin piece to a pink lipstick compact I picked up at Michaels in the dollar bin with some E6000 and now I have a very feminine but Not lipstick compact.
Kinda creepy but yet feminine.  I love it.

Please let me know what you think as I love comments.  

Until next time, have a great day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorites have this to say