Followers

Monday, October 15, 2012

Zipper Pulls


Good morning

Today I wanted to share a quick post of something I made with my Amazing Mold Putty and Resin.  I love using this stuff.  As you might remember, I was on the DT for the Amazing Mold Putty and loved it.  While I was on the DT I was sent quite a bit of the Putty and I've been hoarding it a little.  I've actually made a lot of molds and now I am trying to preserve it as much as possible.  LOL  I'm so afraid of running out, but I will be using a 40% coupon from Michaels when I do run out.  I've already made sure my Michaels carries it, but  if you want some and your Michaels doesn't carry it, you can order it here.  So anyway...onto my project:

I had a ribbon pin 
and created a mold  

then I mixed up some resin and added
a bit of Terri Sproul's Mixers. 
(I will touch on these a bit more later)
Then I made a mold of my rubber keychain that I have had laying around forever. Remember, I am a hoarder and have a really hard time throwing anything away...just ask my hubby.  This time I did
not add the Terri Sproul Mixers because I wanted the colors to be a bit different.  Instead I painted the
piece once it was cured.  If you paint it while it's still warm the color sets up a lot better.  I love these mixers.
Here they are...I glued the "ribbon" over the hole of the keychain and then added a jump ring.  I also used my stamp set to stamp the word "fight" on each "keychain" and attached a small jewel as the dot for the "i".  I then attached some chain and different beads to it to make them into zipper pulls.  I have one on my purse and get quite a few compliments on it.  I really like the way they turned out and... 
since I go overboard and make more than I need to I am giving one of these away to one of you.  
You have 5 chances to win one of these zipper pulls.
1.  Become a follower and let me know but if you already are just leave me a comment stating so.
2.  Leave a comment about my post and tell me which zipper pull you'd like, silver or gold, with your email address like this name @ aol dot com
3.  Tweet about my giveaway and leave a comment below with your tweet URL
4.  Facebook about my giveaway and comment below with your FB URL.
5.  Follow me on pinterest and let me know so I can follow you back.

I will announce the winner next Monday, October 22nd right here.

Now to last week's giveaway.  The Winner is....
Happy Birthday and Welcome Back! Your flowers are beautiful!
Please send me an email to burffrau @ gmail dot com and send me your address so I can get this in the mail to you.  Please put winner in the subject line so it doesn't get deleted by accident.
So I hope you have enjoyed my post and I hope to see you all again real soon.  
As always, God Bless and have a great day!!!

2 comments:

  1. These are so nice! I don't think I would have the patience to do this plus my hubby would probably flip if I decided to try another craft! :)

    I am partial to the silver one.

    nanettemt @ yahoo dot com

    ps. thanks for the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty. You did a great job making them. If i win one i want you to mail it to Jennifer skull. She has breast cancer and is fighting it. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown edwinabrown@comcastdotnet

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say