Followers

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Paper Secrets 13

Good morning and happy Saturday
here's my layout I did for the challenge over at PaperSecrets.  Each week we are given an assignment for a layout. I really don't care if I win the contest, it's just helping me to do more layouts that I should have done a long time ago (or some new ones in this case). If you participate and follow the guidelines you advance to the next week. We started with 27 and 10 moved onto last week again.  I will keep updating you as I go along. Who knows, I might not be able to participate one week and then I am out, but until then, I am scrapping my butt off, (they used a different word, but my blog is family friendly...hehehe
Here is the sketch:


I also used the Amazing You stamp set from Getting Cricky as my journaling.

This is what I needed to use for the challenge and 
what is in red is is what I used.

5+ brads/eyelets
mist 
flowers/leaves (silk leaves on tree)



bling (rhinestones between phrases)fabric/felt
border punch (butterfly wings and then used the itty bitty pieces for the flight path)
journaling embellishmentdry embossing
stamping (sentiments and peachy keen face)
ribbon/lace ( Summertime Fun ribbon)

Last of the vacation pictures:
the beginning our our paddle out.  
tiny waterfall area
Carl and the girls got up the waterfall in 2 tries.  
They did a great job for their first time.  
It may not look like much in the picture, but 
it can be a bit dangerous trying to get between the rocks.
now remember, everything we brought in  has to be brought back out.  
This is one of 4 portages and you take EVERYTHING 
out of your canoe and carry it to the other side including the canoe.  
Some of the portages are more treacherous 
than others, but its all worth the trip.
Kim and Phil did it in 2 tries also.
Really like this picture also.

Video of the little waterfall and surroundings
At least the cooler is a bit lighter on the way out.
Austyn and uncle Phil took one paddle together 
between portages.  Austyn said he did all the work!!!
Just the girls
We couldn't get the timer to work on the camera so I
will have to super impose myself into the picture somehow.
Hubby carrying the canoe...glad I don't have to do that.
Carl also carrying his canoe.  Just looks like too much work for me.
We've arrived.  Now unload the canoe one last
 time and head to civilization.
Showered and ready for a good meal at our
favorite restaurant in Ely, MN - The Boathouse.

So I hope you've enjoyed my trip to Boundary Waters with me.  We had a great time and I can't believe we've been home for a week already.  We are thinking of taking a boathouse cruise next year for our vacation.  Boundary Waters is a great adventure, but I'm getting old.  LOL  I think sitting on a boathouse for a week, swimming, fishing and just relaxing sounds good to me.

Thanks so much for visiting with me and I hope to see you tomorrow
 for another Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.


4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time!!! These are going to be so fun to scrap!!!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, you did a terrific job on the layout; I don't think I could follow a sketch like that if someone guided my hands... lol!!!

    Your vacation just seems so fantastic, it goes on and on!!! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Brenda, you did an amazing job with the sketch! I love your layout! And oh my gosh, your vacation pictures look so wonderful and fun! What a great trip!! Thanks for sharing them with us :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is just gorgeous! That sketch worked perfectly for those cute pictures. Thanks for sharing your vacation photos as well. Looks like a fabulous trip.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say