Followers

Friday, June 24, 2011

Festive Fridays 6-24

Good morning and welcome to another edition of Festive Fridays. If you are new to us, sit back, grab a cup of coffee, relax and enjoy some wonderful Christmas Cards. Yes, I did say Christmas...Festive Fridays will be every other Friday with samples of Christmas cards for the entire year. This way, you can be making your cards all year long and you will avoid the mad rush when you could be enjoying the Christmas Season. You should have just come from Debbie. If you stumbled upon this post you can go back to Terri and start at the beginning. There is also a complete list of the Festive Friday hop on the left sidebar under the Festive Fridays blinkie in case you get lost along the way.
Today I made a gift within a card so to say.  You all know how much I love my cricut and I do love my SCAL program just a little bit more, hehehe.  The possibilities are just endless when you can create your own files, etc.  I had purchased a year subscription over at Scrapping Table and just love, love, love her files.  I used a simple "gift" cut 2 times for the base of my card to create a pocket.  I then cut just the "bow" out again in a different color and adhered it ontop of the front piece and added a ribbon around the bow.  I also added a sentiment "Season's greetings" and a cute little tag found in my christmas box stash and some green rhinestones.
Then I took that same gift and created 4 little gifts and welded them onto a rectangle shape.  I cut this out of cream cardstock (all scraps) and created a bookmark.  Then I cut these 4 little gifts again in various christmas paper, added a few ribbons, bows, bling and pearls and layered them onto the bookmark.  
I plan on purchasing a book for one of my friends and thought this would be a cute way for her to keep her place when she is reading it.  Isn't that cute?
I hope you like my Festive Friday card and hope to see you back in two weeks for another christmas card.  Now head on over to Angela and check out what she has for you. 

15 comments:

  1. I love bookmarks! This is perfect for teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda what a great card and gift holder.. your friend will love it...
    hugs.. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good idea to have bookmarks enclosed in a card, love it ! X Fab

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda what a lovely idea! The outer card is so good and the little ones are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the book mark ides! Great Job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea Brenda! I am definitely taking note of this for the holidays - perfect dual purpose card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very fun! I love a gifty within a card! great packages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, what a lovely card creation and tags too. TFS! I am very inspired. ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really a cool bookmark/card!!! This is such a great way to have your card used not just tossed. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! TFS! I have been a follower for a while now and would love it if you could check out my blog as well at http://acreativejourneywithmelissa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea! Thanks for sharing.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say