Followers

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you bloggers,

I didn't think I was going to blog today, but here I am....

I normally do not decorate for Thanksgiving and really I am not today either, but I did make something this year. I was channel surfing the other day at work (yes I have a very boring job). I ran across a Martha Stewart Thanksgiving show and stopped on it for awhile. She was making coloring books for the children that would be coming to Thanksgiving dinner to keep them occupied. I was intriqued. Our youngest child this year is my granddaughter, Bella, and she is only 11 months old, so she won't be coloring. LOL My youngest son in 10 and I suppose he is still coloring age, but I didn't think he'd want to. So I decided to make it into a "I am grateful for..." booklet.



I found a clipart of a turkey silhouette on the web and imported into my SCAL. I cut it out two times in black and four times in white. I glued one white page to each black page creating the cover. Then I glued one white page halfway to the "cover" two times and then glueing the back "cover" half way to the rest, creating a little booklet. I then scored it so it will be able to open and close nicely. I have a lot of alphabet stickers and I just stuck them to the front and back of the booklet. I could have made it prettier but this is what it is. I know in my mind this makes sense...I hope it does to you. Now when we sit down to eat Thanksgiving dinner I will have everyone write something they are grateful for in the booklet and when I get my pictures from dinner developed I will make a scrapbook page and use my Turkey booklet as the focal point.


Here are a few pictures of it.





As always, have a great day and god bless.

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love the 3d effect. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute!!! Great job on it. Hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving.
    Hugs,jen
    jennyscards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say