Followers

Friday, March 14, 2014

St. Patty/Pink Ladies Parade 2014

Top of the morning to you!

hahaha, I couldn't resist that since this post is all about St. Patty's Day.  Oh yeah, and of course Pink Ladies and Amazing Crafting Products.  Let me give you a little background of why this is so special to me.  I have been participating in a dart league designed especially as a fund raiser for Breast Cancer.  A bunch of ladies and MEN got together and formed a league where all our proceeds go to help out local people with expenses and such in fighting breast cancer.  We've raised a lot of money in the year that we've been doing this and again, all the money we raise stays local.  I love that!

Last year the league formed shortly before St. Patty's day and we participated in the St. Patty's Day Parade.  I was on the Sakura and Creative Paperclay design team at the time and I created "Pink Ribbon dart pins".  You can see the original post here.  They were a huge hit.  I sold over 25 of them and still have people asking me about them to this day.  I donated 75% of all the money to our benefit at the end of the dart season.  It felt really good to hand a check over knowing it was going to a great cause and staying LOCAL.  This year again I will be participating in the St. Patty's Day parade and wanted to make something different.  I did not go overboard and make a lot of these as they are kinda just meant for the one day, but you never know.  Some of the ladies might want one...
Here are a couple of pictures of us last year.


This is the banner of the bar that I threw out of last year and our motto "Stick it to Cancer".  The bar owner and I were a team.


This is Jane and I at her bar after one of the matches.            













A picture of our float as we are getting ready to head out to the parade route.  We even had a dartboard on our float.  It was so much fun to participate in such a great event.

This year I am throwing out of a different bar and I am also throwing with my daughter.  This will be the first time we have been on the same team.  I'm pretty excited about that.

SO back to my original post.  Again, I decided to do something different and this is how it went.

I started out with one of the Creative Paperclay ribbons I had made and created a mold of it with my Amazing Mold Putty.
then I used the  Rose Pearl Terri Sproul Mixers with the Amazing Casting Resin and made sure I mixed them up very well.  Always put your color with your Part A and mix that up well before adding your Part B
then I poured my mold(s)
I always seem to make too much so therefore I keep molds on hand that I might need to pour :)
Once the mold cured  it came out like this

Love the color!
I also added a bail while the mold was curing and it seeped to the bottom, but no doubt I could fix this  
Then I used my Martha Stewart alphabets to stamp onto my ribbon which works so very well with StazOn
I used a plastic clover charm (which I no doubt bought last year on clearance after St. Patty's day) to figure out my placement and stamped away.  Not perfect but I'm very happy with how it came out. 
I glued the clovers to the center and added a rhinestone and a pink dart over the top where the bail showed through attached them to some beads and there you have it.  My homemade St. Patty's Pink Ladies beads for my daughter and myself.  I do believe I am ready for the 2nd Annual St. Patty's Day Pink Ladies parade!

What do you think?  
I hope you've enjoyed my tutorial today and as always have a great day and God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. They are so cute! Even my daughter wants one for the parade today!

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say