Followers

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Wooden Name Blocks for RN


Good morning all, and welcome to another post for the Robin's Nest Design Team.  I've been so actively altering anything I can get my hands on.  Hubby just said he's gonna have to hide the cat and dog cuz I'll probably alter them soon.  Seriously though, I love making something out of nothing and here is a cute project I made for my granddaughter.  She turned 3 on New Year's Eve and I wanted to make her something for her room.  Her room is primarily pinks and purples and when I got these papers from the Robin's Nest I knew I needed to use them for Miss Bella.  
I cut a bunch of squares using my cricut out of the 2 different papers.  I used Plum Classic Glitter and since the Pink Classic Glitter is double sided with the Distressed Lavender on the other side, I got 3 different styles.
I started with some wooden blocks that I had gotten at Hobby Lobby and painted them black around the edges (no need to paint the whole block) and then mod podged the squares onto the wooden blocks.
 

I did ink the papers a bit with black ink also to really give it that 3d look.
Then I added the Pink Glitter Stickers with BELLA 
Then of course for further embellishment, I had to add the tear shaped dew drops.  
I added one to each of the non lettered sides and five on the tops of the letters so you could stack them on top of each other like this: 
or they can sit side by side like this:


 Thanks for stopping by  and seeing what I've created for the Robin's Nest and I hope I've inspired you to create something from nothing.  I know I'm in heaven every time I start creating something with her papers.  Don't forget to check out all the designers here.  They do an amazing job and I look forward to sharing more projects with you next month.  As always, have a great day and god bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorites have this to say