Followers

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Recycled Ruler Jar

Good morning

I have a quick recycle post today.  As most of you know, I try to recycle/upcycle as much as possible.  My craftroom is so full right now and I am trying to organize it a bit but I need containers to store my stuff in.  I have gone and looked at all the neat baskets at walmart, target, even the dollar store, but hate spending money on such stuff.  I would rather use my money on other things, like more craft items...lol.  Anyway, I have a million empty jars in my recycle room and so I pulled one out.  Cleaned off the label with hot water and used my goo gone to get the little bit of glue residue off.
 Probably wouldn't have needed to do this, but remember, I never know where my project is going to lead.  Once it was nice and clean, I took some used tissue paper from a gift I had gotten some time ago, (recycle) and mod podged the entire jar and this is what it became:
I downloaded an image of a wooden ruler and in PSE I added my Brenda's Rulers, cut it to fit around my jar 

and now I have a place to put all my rulers and it didn't cost me a dime.  Love it...
as you can see in the background I have a few more things I want to upcycle, so stay tuned to see what else I am going to do with containers or jars.

As always have a great day and God Bless.

1 comment:

My favorites have this to say