Followers

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Delightful Dart

Good morning,

today I am here to show you another fabulous idea using paper clay.  For this project I used the Delight air dry modeling compound.  I love using this stuff because it is so light and fluffy.  I especially like using it for my scrapbooking and cardmaking because of that reason.

So I started off using a dart
to make my mold.

I added the Delight clay to the
mold and let it sit for about 30 minutes
and then unmolded it.

Here you see the mold, dart 
and the paper dart

before it completely dried, I 
trimmed it down a bit with a
regular pair of scissors.  That's
another reason I love this delight
so much, it's soooo soft.

Then I painted the barrel gold, the tip black and the shaft purple with some acrylic paints and 
split a flight in half and glued it to the top of the dart.  
Now I can either turn this into a pin to wear (very light) or I might add it to a scrapbook page about my
 dart tournament I am playing in this weekend.
I just love all the fun things I can do with paperclay.  
I hope you will check it out and create something yourself.

1 comment:

  1. How cute!!! I'm going to have to go out and buy myself some of that clay!

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say