Followers

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Paper Secrets 21


Good morning
Wow, can you believe it's October already?  This is crazyness how times has flown by...plus I've been scrapbooking WEEKLY for a challenge over at PaperSecrets.  Each week we are given an assignment for a layout. I really don't care if I win the contest, it's just helping me to do more layouts that I should have done a long time ago (or some new ones in this case). If you participate and follow the guidelines you advance to the next week. We started with 27 and 10 moved on again last week, these ladies are serious about their scrapping.  I can't believe I am still in the running...again, it's not about winning, it's about scrapping and I am so proud of myself.  I will keep updating you as I go along. Who knows, I might not be able to participate one week and then I am out, but until then, I am scrapping my butt off, (they used a different word, but my blog is family friendly...hehehe.  Here is the sketch:
and of course I rotated it.  I never take pictures 
uprightly so it's hard for me to always follow a
sketch perfectly, but rotating works
(in my book anyway)
So then:
Here it is...I had all the paper in my stash and love how
well and quick this came together.  
I used left overs from the pictures after cutting them
down to 2x2 size to make the "picture" circles.
I added the sticker numbers for the date
(I haven't used stickers for ages)  LOVE IT
I cut the jet from the Stand and Salute cart, embossed
it using the stars cuttlebug folder, and faux stitched 
around it after adding the title.  I also used an
American Flag button as an added embellishment
Austyn took most of the photos
and did an amazing job capturing
all the maneuvers.  It was great
being able to cut them down to 2 x 2
This is what we could use and in red is what I did use:
stamped image
embossing folder (Jet with stars cuttlebug folder)
flowers/leaves
bling (red, white and blue stars on ribbon)
fabric/felt
rubons
number(s) (found in an alphabet set) (date on circle photos)
hand or machine stitching (Faux stitched around Jet)
3+ buttons
ribbon/lace (red, white and blue ribbon)


SO I hope I've inspired you to get out there and scrap some pictures...try something different, use something you haven't touched in a while.  JUST HAVE FUN!!!


2 comments:

  1. I live the sketches... Thank you for sharing the layouts that you did...

    God Bless always...

    Karen
    http://www.facebook.com/karen.bahit

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say