Followers

Friday, July 1, 2011

Paper Secrets 8

Good afternoon all -

Can you believe I am already done with this week's challenge over at Paper Secrets and it just went up this morning.  As you know I am also in a Layout challenge over at Paper Secrets and am loving that I am actually doing more and more layouts. Each week we are given an assignment for a layout. I really don't care if I win the contest, it's just helping me to do more layouts that I should have done a long time ago (or some new ones in this case). If you participate and follow the guidelines you advance to the next week. We started with 27 and I am not sure how many moved onto this week because it hasn't been posted yet. I will keep updating you as I go along. Who knows, I might not be able to participate one week and then I am out, but until then, I am scrapping my butt off, (they used a different word, but my blog is family friendly...hehehe


So here is the sketch:

and here is what I did:

and what's in red is what I used out of the items I was allowed:

hand or machine stitiching
mist   - background circle and main paper
3+flowers - I used the leaves (hope that was okay)
bling
3+ photo corners
border punch
3+ brads/eyelets - leaves on border punch
altered or raw chipboard
stamped image(s) - bird and Getting Cricky sentiment from the Positive Thoughts 
ribbon/lace - raffia and twine

I am having such a great time doing this challenge.  I just hope I don't run out of photos.  HAHAHA
I used my cricut to cut out the border since I only have one border punch. 

If you want to see how I did the FALL click here.  I had made a home decor project last fall and recycled it for this layout.  I love reusing my stuff and this worked just perfect for this layout.  

I am also in the process of "cleaning my craft room" and am finding more stuff I didn't even know I had.  I found a journal stamp block and used it to create the circle journal.  Glad I know I have that now, maybe I will journal more using my own handwriting. 

Then I also used Kristal's Positive Thoughts sentiment, because LIFE IS GRAND.  I love how I can use these sentiments for more than just cards.  If you haven't purchased your stamp sets yet, you better hurry and remember, for every stamp set you purchase Kristal is donating $1 to various charities.  Gotta love that!!!  I am so glad that I am keeping up with the challenge over at PaperSecrets.  See you next week, hopefully.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda, such an adorable layout...love it. You did a FABULOUS job with the sketch. ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is fantastic and that photo is so cute. I really like the title with the leaves behind it. Very pretty!

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!!! So pretty. I love how you have the leaves behind the title. And so cool that you cut the border with the Cricut. Did you use a cartridge or a SCAL file?

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say