Followers

Friday, October 29, 2010

Fabulous Friday Fall

Hi all

I am so thrilled to tell you this project will be featured on Scrappily Ever After.  She had made a call out last week and chose me among others.  Thank you so much Holly.  I hope I don't disappoint you.

For this project you will need a Cricut, SCAL (if you want my cut file leave me a comment with your email addy and I will send it as soon as I can), brown cricut marker, 1 12x12 orangie paper (I used bazzill), 1 12x12 brown paper, 1 12 x12 dark brown paper, 1 6 x 6 light brown paper, a stick (I used one from a tree we had cut down), some raffia, cuttlebug, polka dot cuttlebug folder, glimmer mist (I make my own), acetate, alcohol inks (I used cranberry, silver and lettuce) and an applicator, and a hot glue gun.

I imported the leaves and acorns into my scal by using the trace image feature from some clipart on the web.  I am getting better at this  LOL.  I then cut the leaves out in the orangie paper and drew the innerds with my cricut marker, love how I can do this too. 


I gave them a shot of glimmer mist, just to give it a little sparkle. 


I then cut the leaves again in a brown paper to outline them a bit. The acorns I cut out using dark and light brown paper.

I embossed the top half of the acorn using my cuttlebug and polka dot folder.


I then cut out the letters in FALL out of acetate.  Actually what I used is the packaging plastic.  You know the stuff you can't get into when you purchase something  LOL  It cuts great on my cricut though.  I do use the depth of 6, pressure max and multicut it.  I suppose I could use my deep cut blade.  I use painters tape to tape it to my mat so that it doesn't slide around. 



After I cut them out I alcohol inked them with cranberry, a little bit of silver and lettuce.  I ran out of the felt pads, but you know what, I made it work with cosmetic pads.  LOL  I use them to take my makeup off at night and now I have another purpose for them. 

I tied some raffia to both sides of the stick to create a hanger.  I then tied some more raffia to the leaves and tied that to the stick. 

I also hot glued the acorns to the stick and somewhat to the leaves for some added support.

I attached the letters to the each leaf with my atg gun. 

I know some of the pictures didn't turn out so well, but in all I think this turned out very cute.  If you would like the cut file, please leave a comment with your email addy and I will send it as soon as I can.



Remember if you would like the cut file it is in svg.  Leave a comment with your email addy like this burffrau @ aol dot com and I will get it to you as soon as I can.

As always, have a great day and god bless.

2 comments:

My favorites have this to say